Tuai ewu' aku' means 'Come follow me' in the language of the indigenous Penan peoples of Sarawak, Borneo. This blog is an invitation to you to follow me on my big adventure to learn about this tribe and experience the natural beauty of Borneo. Tuai ewu' aku' ! x

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More flowers from Borneo

For the flower enthusiasts and lovers of all things botanical, ......Once again I'll put on my 19th Century naturalist hat, to share with you more flowers from Borneo! :) Ang

I love this waxy flower.

The texture is almost like plastic

This is from the garden in Long Kerong - the children picked it for me


The ginger flower is interesting because it grows about a foot from the stem, out of the ground.


Banana plant



Mountain Flower from the top of Batu Layuk

Another beautiful mountain flower





This delicate orchid is deep in the jungle, in a special flowering area

This one is in that same flowering area - so exquisite





Pitcher plants are amazing.  These are from the jungle garden.





A flower...and me!












The Penan version of a daisy chain :)

Lipstick orchids along the riverbank near Long Spigen


3 comments:

  1. These flowers are so lovelyl, I especially love all the orchids. The colours and their beautiful form are just stunning! I wish one day when I acquire a garden to fill it with these beautiful varieties :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this thing still deleting my comments? Well, here's another try.... First, I think I already saw these pics in your excellent nature walk guide you made. Also, you look like you were sniffing a few too many of the flowers in that pic! Hahaha! Love ya. Talk soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing flowers! love the orchids too. lovely greetings from Bulgaria

    ReplyDelete